New bike under Cycle to work

deimosjohnny
deimosjohnny Posts: 135
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
New job has cycle to work so after just shelling out for a road bike decide to replace my mountain bike.

http://ori.evanscycles.com/products/nor ... e-ec053929

What are anyones thoughts on this US bike.

Cheers

Comments

• jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Is your existing mountain bike a full sus? Where do you do most of your riding?
    Wondering if you'd be better of spending more on a hardtail rather than getting a cheaper full sus.
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    Take one for a test ride. Seen lots in Cannock Chase and Sandwell. The riders seem to be loving em
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I presume your company use the Evans scheme as that is the only way to buy a bike from Evans as ride 2 work?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dang does not look like we are on the evans scheme!
  • Had a 2007 spesh enduro up until last year when I stupidly sold it, needed a new car and was short of funds.
    Would be mostly single track riding these days getting old and cautious.
    Thought is the full suss gives me more options and been a while since on HT.
    I am a tinkerer so would upgrade over time anyway looks like the HT is the only option on this budget.

Open to suggestions as to bikes in the budget.
  • The Rookie
    Dang does not look like we are on the evans scheme!
    So which one are you on?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I am Aberdeenshire Council our benefits are through edenred I have emailed them to see what the name of the scheme is. Evans will take from both cycle plus and cycle scheme.

But the online paper work says we are free to use any cycle shop. I guess it means any that will accept the papers from aberdeenshire.
  • Daerve
    Daerve Posts: 33
    Thought about the Boardman Team Full Sus 650b? Amazing bike for the money, I just can't get enough of mine I love it.
  • The Rookie
    Which is only available on the Halfords scheme.....it sounds like they probably use cyclescheme, last time I checked you couldn't use that at Evans, only Evans own scheme.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Which is only available on the Halfords scheme.....it sounds like they probably use cyclescheme, last time I checked you couldn't use that at Evans, only Evans own scheme.

Spoke with Evans they will take cycleplus and cyclescheme.

Just need to clarify who we are with.