What track pump

stuisnew
stuisnew Posts: 366
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
Simple really, I need a track pump but have never had one before. Seen a few recommendations for topeak joe blows (of which there seems to be a myriad of different models). Anyone recommend a decent track pump for sensible sums of money (lower the better but sub £40)?

Thank you!

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Blow Joe. Sport II I think - the yellow one. Fault less bar the shortish hose
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Beto for under £20
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I recommend This one. We use them in the shop and they usually last about 6-8 months doing an average of 24 tyres a day. We used to use the Joe Blow Sport 2s but found the plastic head inside them wore down very quickly and plus the short hose could not reach rear wheels when a bike was in a stand.
    The Bikehut one above has a metal insert instead of plastic, and a 'smart head' that works for any type of valve without messing around with internals/separate heads. Also it's cheaper than most of the Joe Blows.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    If its going to be used for inflating tubeless tyres then go for something that has a high volume output.

I personally use a Lyzne pump which works very nicely but I don't have anything else to compare it too so no idea if its value for money or not.
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    Thanks all, much appreciated.
  • Wormishere1
    Wormishere1 Posts: 284
    If you havn't purchased one yet take a look at Blackburn's Air Towers - they come with a lifetime warranty so will hopefully be the last pump you buy. My last one did about 4 years, then a small valve broke inside - took it back to show, shabang, brand new pump for nowt.
    Remember Rule #5
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    oxocube1 wrote:
    I recommend This one. We use them in the shop and they usually last about 6-8 months doing an average of 24 tyres a day. We used to use the Joe Blow Sport 2s but found the plastic head inside them wore down very quickly and plus the short hose could not reach rear wheels when a bike was in a stand.
    The Bikehut one above has a metal insert instead of plastic, and a 'smart head' that works for any type of valve without messing around with internals/separate heads. Also it's cheaper than most of the Joe Blows.

Another vote for the Bikehut one. Excellent, robust bit of kit, great volume so quick to inflate and reliable.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • skellator3
    skellator3 Posts: 200
    i recommend the SKS aircon 6.0 great pump, shifts big volume of air for not a lot of effort, can even be used to seat tubless tyres, check out the review of it on here, plus you can get service parts for it
    dont only ride a bike