CX frame for self build...

Pedro77
Pedro77 Posts: 59
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, I am looking to buy a CX frame for a 105 build, bike is mostly for commuting and touring with my girlfriend in country roads and forest easy tracks.

I searched but not seem to find a disc ready frame that doesn't bust the bank...

Any suggestions for a disc brakes ready frameset? I prefer self build as I have a few components sitting around..

Looking forward for your help.

Pedro

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Kind of depends what your idea of breaking the bank is but the kinesis crosslight pro 6 cyclocross frameset is good value.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pedro77
    Thanks... I have a nice-ish road bike on my Wilier GTR Centaur, this build is more for leisure riding with girlfriend on weekends as we tried a bit with my wilier but doesn't work... She has a mountain bike and likes to be able to explore some gravel paths, etc. if really don't want a mountain bike so a CX seems to be a all round bike for going to the shops, exploring travel tracks and... why not... scare to say... winter training bike...

Pedro
  • Have a look at the planet-x els

FRPXXLS_P3.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Pedro how far are you from Cambridge? Billys near the Grafton Center are having a half price sale on All-City bikes and frames this weekend and am getting a Macho Man Disc for £750. The frameset is going to be £250.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Pedro77
    That's good info I am a few hours away... Let me see might consider the trip...
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Pedro77 wrote:
    That's good info I am a few hours away... Let me see might consider the trip...

Give them a call tomorrow, they are also going to have 25% off on everything else including Salsa, Surly and Saracen.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Another vote for the Kinesis pro6 if its within your budget, would be fine with 105 for a do it all type of bike.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    Loving my Pro6, built with a 105 groupset. I think Merlin have cheap groupsets at the moment if you don't already have it.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Loving my Pro6, built with a 105 groupset. I think Merlin have cheap groupsets at the moment if you don't already have it.

Yours is very 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yours is very 8)
    Ta, looks good when it's mucky too. I just stuck this up on the other thread.
    IMG_0361.jpg
    Ugo's Genesis is really nice too, unfortunately I think he's cracked the steerer.
  • Pedro77
    Very nice indeed!!