Adamo saddle

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

My current perch has had it & i am contemplating a change to one of the above. I currently have a Selle italia which is ok & i have done a quite a few quick (4hrs40mins, i only mention that to give the view of my type of riding) century rides on it with no bother, but i suppose most of us are chasing the holy grail of saddles whereby we don't even notice we are sitting on one (forget images in your minds that you don't want of seat posts being where they shouldn't) !
Question is:- What are they like ? good for the money ? waste of time ? i know there is no right answer as everyone's arse is different, would appreciate general opinions.

Thanks for any replies
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I had one for a month or so and ultimately decided it wasn't for me. I can see the point in them for TTing where you will try to stay in one position for a good length of time, but on the road bike, I found that it was a pain to find that sweet spot every time I sat back down again after being out of the saddle. I think I'll be a Spesh Romin fan for some time.
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    I know a couple of people who use them at the track but I tend toward the 'whatever work for you' approach to saddles (to me they look way too wide but I haven't tried one to find out). As above I think they're probably best for TT positions where you're rotated a long way forwards and relatively stationary on the saddle.

Everywhere I've seen them that sells them loans them out on trial though so worth checking that out (Cadence Performance in London if you're near).