Bont shoe size (UK 9)

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi

Are there any Bont owners out there who normally wear a size 9? What size Bont shoe did you get?

cheers

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I take a 42 in non-cycling shoes, and my Bonts are 43. All my other cycle shoes have been 43 as well. Not sure if that helps or not...
  • nawty
    nawty Posts: 225
    I'm normally a 42 in normal shoes, 42.5 in running shoes, 42 in Specialized and when I recently tried on a load of Bonts I was up to 44!

I ended up buying some Northwaves in 43.
    Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight Tiagra
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Depends on model of Bont. I take a 10 shoe, a 45 Vaypor+ but a 46 Riot
  • rafletcher

So did I... but still need two different sizes
  • Sussed out
    Sussed out Posts: 189
    I was size 43 in shimano, size 43 in Bont Vaypors.

OP, you should try some on!
  • banman77
    banman77 Posts: 21
    Went by the online guide and added a bit extra as regards to sizing i am usually a size 10 normal shoes took a 45 bont riot fit okay out of the box just one bit the fixing for the ratchet that will need moulded that is digging in to the side of my foot.
  • surfgod
    surfgod Posts: 97
    I have a pair of Bont a-three shoes size 43. I've tried shimano shoes and they would be nearly a whole size larger than the bont. I remember reading on the Bont website, that their riot shoes have a different fit to the rest of their range of shoes.

For me there were just too many negatives with Bont shoes...

1.Upper toebox microfiber material so low that it grazed the skin on my toes...Ouch!!!!

2. The worst, the most uncomfortable heel cup of any production cycling shoe I've ever worn...no matter how many times I've heat moulded it. Ouch!!!

3. Found them too cold in winter even with overshoes...and too warm in summer because of the total lack of ventilation holes in the material.

4. Carbon/fiberglass material unnecessarily high in the toebox area in a road shoe. Ouch!!!

5. The worst shoe liner/insole in cycling shoe history....Grand for a speed skating boot maybe..

6. I can feel the coldness and hardness of those T-nuts through the insole.

Even so I reckon with some more development work, Bont are on the right track with their cycling shoes.

Positives for Bont cycling shoes.

1. Unmatched power transfer even on their cheapest shoes...can see why they are the shoe of choice for track sprinters and kilo riders.

2. Fantastic arch support that's adjustable during the heat moulding process.

If you are still enthusiastic about trying bont for yourself, their size wizard is fairly accurate if you like an ultra tight fitting cycling shoe while wearing a thin cycling sock. It suggested I buy a 42.5 normal...As I prefer a snug fit with a little wiggle room, (with a thin cycling sock) I returned them and got a 43 instead.
  • rafletcher
    surfgod wrote:
    I have a pair of Bont a-three shoes size 43. I've tried shimano shoes and they would be nearly a whole size larger than the bont. I remember reading on the Bont website, that their riot shoes have a different fit to the rest of their range of shoes.

1.Upper toebox microfiber material so low that it grazed the skin on my toes...Ouch!!!

Whilst it wasn't so "ouch" for me, this was the difference between the Vaypor+ and the Riot - the V+ has a flatter top to the toebox that keeps it clear of my toes, but the same size Riot dipped toward the front and pressed on my big toe nail. A size up and it's fine.