Should i wait for my synapse !!

limoneboy
limoneboy Posts: 480
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Quick survey , buying a second sportive/endurance bike for the frame , ordered a synapse but 3 weeks wait and i could do with it quicker 2-3 events in hand before then , alternatives are domane 4.3 and BMC slr02 ,fenix . Should i wait , or is it that good ? anyone tried one ?

cheers

Ian
last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1

Comments

• Any idea where to buy a synapse hi-mod?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Presumably you selected the synapse over some of the others you mentioned because it was the one you liked the best so why settle for something else just for the sake of being able to ride the new bike at a few events?

You say it's a second bike anyway so why not just use your other bike in the meantime?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • limoneboy
    Evans have stock on most sizes
  • limoneboy wrote:
    Evans have stock on most sizes

Was after the black one, I'd probably wait as you know its going to be the best frame available for the money followed by the Trek.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    I'd wait. As mentioned already you chose that bike because you knew it's what you wanted/required. Anything else will seem like 2nd best.

If you're only doing a few sportives then surely your current bike would suffice?

I've currently been waiting 5 months for my new Felt AR1 frame to arrive. I've had to ride my first 2 races this year on my winter bike and is looking possible this will be the case for my next race on Sunday. I could order another frame but I know that I will kick myself for not waiting an extra few weeks to get the bike I really wanted. The bike will not make a big enough difference, it's all in the legs!
  • limoneboy
    I'd wait. As mentioned already you chose that bike because you knew it's what you wanted/required. Anything else will seem like 2nd best.

If you're only doing a few sportives then surely your current bike would suffice?

I've currently been waiting 5 months for my new Felt AR1 frame to arrive. I've had to ride my first 2 races this year on my winter bike and is looking possible this will be the case for my next race on Sunday. I could order another frame but I know that I will kick myself for not waiting an extra few weeks to get the bike I really wanted. The bike will not make a big enough difference, it's all in the legs!

Thanks for the replys , its not about the legs my current bike is 7kg but is set up for low down speed ,its great on the short 35-40mile evening/ weekend rides but postion breaks my back after 45miles (i have lower back issues) also the roads around mine area are sh*t so hench the Synapse choice.

If it was all about looks it would be the Bianchi intenso , i loved my Oltre but it kicked my ass a few times and i am not sure the Intenso would be any better.