Bib Shorts

dormer88
dormer88 Posts: 110
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I am looking for some bib shorts in the £60-£80 range. Could perhaps stretch to £90 but any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I would recommend you have a hunt round the on line dealers to locate a pair of Assos T FI Uno_s5 Bib Shorts. These have recently been discontinued/ replaced with the new s7 range but they are still a very decent pair of bibs if you can get hold of them at a good discount.

Peter
  • nawty
    nawty Posts: 225
    Yep, the assos bibs are very nice, I really liked mine before I ripped them to pieces in a fall... try the assos outlet to see if they've any in your size.

Alternatively I've been impressed by the etxeondo bibs I've recently acquired, they are currently heavily discounted at Merlin cycles.
    Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight Tiagra
  • KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    I did a search on the forum and found over 2000 posts mentioning bib shorts, possibly a good start looking there :)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Assos uno s5, I paid £95 for some a while back so top range of your budget. I also can recommend the etxeondo , up to 50% off at merlin. I find the etxeondo a little snung compared to the assos but still a good bibs and at a bargain price.
  • CXrider
    CXrider Posts: 141
    Have been very happy with the DHB Aeron Pros for a bargain 67 spondoolies.
    Worn it about 6 times in the 3 weeks I have had it, propbably covered about 200 miles.
    I have never noticed I am even wearing it as it so very light. soft and smooth. I have to look down to check I am wearing them :)
    The thigh grip never moves.
    I still feel some soreness after a 3 or 40 miler but I am still pretty new to cycling so I cannot yet tell if its the padding or not. It is as I expect it to be.

I got it in Large as it says it comes up tight. I am a 40 inch chest, 36 waist (though dissappering fast :) ) and the fit is sublime whether standing up off the bike or hunkered down.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-pro-c ... bib-short/
    Pedal to Paris blog at http://RideToParis.co.uk
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    nawty wrote:
    Yep, the assos bibs are very nice, I really liked mine before I ripped them to pieces in a fall... try the assos outlet to see if they've any in your size.

Alternatively I've been impressed by the etxeondo bibs I've recently acquired, they are currently heavily discounted at Merlin cycles.

Etxeondo - http://www.merlincycles.com/etxeondo-or ... 69240.html
    Stunning shorts.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • dormer88
    dormer88 Posts: 110
    Thanks for the replies, have gone with the Etxeondo's for Merlin, Bargain!

Cheers
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Think my next shorts will be Assos due to the quality and fact they will repair them in a fall

Matt
  • gbr236
    gbr236 Posts: 393
    I've got some of the longer leg assos
    Great but leg gripper too loose.
    Do the extondo shorts come up long?
    Cheers
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    gbr236 wrote:
    I've got some of the longer leg assos
    Great but leg gripper too loose.
    Do the extondo shorts come up long?
    Cheers

Plenty long enough for my very long legs - 35" inside leg!
    Super quality.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.