Post Ride

dormer88
dormer88 Posts: 110
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
Hi All,

What do you do with your bike in terms of cleaning after a ride? Is it weather dependant or do you always complete the same process?

Thanks

Comments

• nawty
    nawty Posts: 225
    Good bike, typically nothing unless it was a horrid wet day (which probably means I wasn't riding the good bike).

Commuter/training bike, typically nothing :lol:

They do both get a clean every now and again but I don't stress if they're dirty, I do though make sure the drivetrain is dry and oiled so it doesn't rust up.
    Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight Tiagra
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    When the chain gets dirty i clean the bike.
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    As Nawty says, I clean my bike fairly regularly, but not after every ride unless its really dirty.
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    MTB, depends on the weather.
    Roadie, same. It'll need a wash after this mornings outing though only as it hasn't been done for a few rides and it was damp.
    After a wash with car wax it'll get hung in the stand and AC90'd, fully toweled dry as well as some baby wipes through the tight bits in the frame, a nice degresing cleaner on the chain to get rid of the dirty black oil and a nice dry lube to keep it sweet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nawty wrote:
    Good bike, typically nothing unless it was a horrid wet day (which probably means I wasn't riding the good bike).

Commuter/training bike, typically nothing :lol:

They do both get a clean every now and again but I don't stress if they're dirty, I do though make sure the drivetrain is dry and oiled so it doesn't rust up.

This :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Lube and rub the chain down and check tyre pressure(with my thumb).