Road bike advice please

pully80
pully80 Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Only been biking since May last yr. I'm currently riding a second hand GT Aggressor Mtb on the road and commuting 85 miles a week.

What I'm looking to do is get a road bike for speed and hopefully more enjoyment out of cycling on the road.

Thinking of getting a road bike through the ride2work scheme which we can do through Evans cycles.

would I really notice any difference between something like;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec053059

The specialized allez, trek 1.2 2014 as opposed to something like either a carrera at £300 ish out my own pocket from halfords or a cannondale from Evans at £649, having never riding a road bike before?

Need some help as I have to say I do fancy the specialized tarmac but would I actually need to spend that much? The roads I bike on aren't the best but not bad.

Comments

• pully80
    pully80 Posts: 3
    Thank you for the advice, appreciate your thoughts, my GT Mtb has shimano deora chain set and I have no issues, are the tiara much better than sora/claris?
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    There are still deals to be had on old Tarmacs. Look online, they are at Allez prices! Spesh are more expensive because the frames are more durable than many, and the detailing is good. No bike brand can get away with selling stuff that's overpriced nowadays, there is always a reason for the extra cost.