giant tcr composite 3 2013 or 2014

snorkelfish
snorkelfish Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, I was I'm tossing up whether to buy a giant tcr composite 3 2013 or 2014.

2013- £850
2014-£1050

There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference. Does anybody know of any major differences? Are the frames the same?

Cheers!

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    edited April 2014
    If you Google both models you can look at the detailed differences on the relevant Giant websites. They are both similar spec.
  • ellerino
    ellerino Posts: 37
    I was in the same boat with the Defy composite 3. The difference between 2013/14 was the seatpost carbon in 13 alloy in 14. Same on TCR In the end gone for a Defy 1 so i can have 105 groupset. Hate cables coming from the hoods.
  • Hi, I was I'm tossing up

Whut?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Looks like the 2013 might even be better specd at the cheaper price... better wheels and carbon seatpost. Looks to good to be true.

Tossing up must be an English expression. Lol.
  • ellerino
    Trouble is i thought i was sorted now considering TCR comp tried TCR 1 from last year and its great but i cant afford it. So 'Tossing up' between 2014 TCR comp and DEFY comp !
  • I've gone ahead and ordered the 2013 tcr comp 3. Standard impulse purchase...
    Once I've had a chance to put it though it's paces I'll report back :D
  • ellerino
    Been Lbs this avo and put down deposit on 2014 TCR. Will be interested to see what you think. Looking into the Ant+ speedo for it although it seems an expensive set up
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Tossing up as in tossing a coin in the air to see which way it lands. Not to be confused with tossing off, which is a bit different :wink:
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    Its a toss up you toss pots :)