anyone recognizes this model?

norther
norther Posts: 7
edited April 2014 in MTB general
hey

i am having difficulties in IDying this model (year..anything). i know it is and enduro series. it has smthing written on the frame, but i cant see. the site didnt allow "save pic as...", so i had to print screen it.

http://i.imgur.com/75VPb19.jpg

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Its a 2006ish Specialized Enduro
  • rickbst170
    rickbst170 Posts: 228
    Here you go...
    http://m.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/ar ... 006/enduro
    Looks like the frame colour of the enduro, as rockmonkey says.
  • norther
    damn, u guys were fast... and right. thanks :)
    one more question. im 1.86m, the bike i showed you is 19 size. havent got the chance to try it yet... will it fit me right?
  • rickbst170
    Probably about right. Might be a touch small but certainly not bmx sized.
  • 2x10
    2x10 Posts: 79
    My son and I are both the same height as you, and he has that size frame. I like the sizing but he finds it slightly on the large size but still very easy to ride. Guess the answer is that yes, its the right size subject to personal preferences. Good luck with it. By the way, I just had my stumpy powder coated in that colour grey, looks great with red hoses n cables.
  • norther
    thanx for the info 2x10.
    hey can u tell me what this part is? i havent seen it in on a crank before. and what does it do?
    http://i.imgur.com/arpTT4N.jpg
  • rickbst170
    Looks like a bottom bracket mounted chain guide. Keeps tension in the chain to stop it skipping off. Nice little bonus there
  • norther
    thanks man :)
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Those frames had ISCG mounts, more likely/useful than BB mounted.
  • norther
    you mean the interchangeble ones? with which u can change the geometry of the frame?
    i read about that... i think here in a bike radar article. sounds interesting. though, i am planning to keep it in the DH config.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    ISCG=International Standard Chain Guide mounting, nothing to do with Geo!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    The 2005 /2006 Enduro came with 2 front shock mounts (the triangular black thing the shock is attached to) which you could use to change the BB height slightly - I'd guess almost all would be lost to the mists of time by now - it's an 8 year old bike after all.

The low mount gave a lovely 'in the bike feel' and they are great handling bikes, the high made it possible to actually use the TALAS forks most came with without smashing your pedals everywhere - it's far more subtle than I'm probably making out.

I owned one from 2006 and it was my main bike right up to 2011, they're bloody brilliant, by modern standards they're a bit heavy, not a great climber and the geo is steep but they're super fast over rough ground. Very versatile too, Spesh sold that frame type with a few revisions from 2005 to 2010 I think, in 4, 5, 6 and 7" travel versions labelled SX, Endruo and SX Trail and you can mix/match a few bits to change them about.

If you're thinking of buying one, carefully inspect the rear swingarm near where it mounts to the front triangle, if they crack, they tend to crack there.
  • norther
    thanx for the extra info p-jay.
    be sure i will check every bit and every part of the bike.
    about that black triangle mount... i only read about the interchangeable mounts in a review here on bike radar... but it didnt specified, the geo is in "DH/ENDURO mode" with it, or without it? and how, more exactly, do i play with the bikes geo? does the shock mount directly in that space where the triangle is right now? do i need other parts? (nuts, bolts ... etc)
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    norther wrote:
    thanx for the extra info p-jay.
    be sure i will check every bit and every part of the bike.
    about that black triangle mount... i only read about the interchangeable mounts in a review here on bike radar... but it didnt specified, the geo is in "DH/ENDURO mode" with it, or without it? and how, more exactly, do i play with the bikes geo? does the shock mount directly in that space where the triangle is right now? do i need other parts? (nuts, bolts ... etc)

It's "DH/ENDURO" either way, raising the BB by a few mil doesn't transform it into some XC whippet or into a 10" huck monster the other way - it's pretty subtle - frankly with mine I tried both for a few rides and left the low mount in for the following 5 years.

As for changing them, it's just a case of changing the triangle, no special tools or mounts, uses all the same bolts and an 5mm allen key from memory, takes about 5 mins.

Ironically in 2007 they decided that this whole 6" trail bike thing was never going to be mainstream so the 2007 is an Enduro "SL" which is far more XC orientated - despite triple clamp forks (the less said about them the better).