advice

michaeljackson
michaeljackson Posts: 23
edited April 2014 in MTB general
i'm looking at buying a full susser and want to buy another Cube i have a budget of upto £1800 and am buying new, have narrowed it down to these
1 cube sting 120 29er
2 cube sting 140 pro 29er
3 cube fritzz 160 hpa pro 27.5

which would you rate as the best all rounder? :D

Comments

• JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    Either the Sting 140 or the Fritz.
    120 can of course be used as an all-rounder, but it'll be easier, and you'll likely have more fun on something a little bigger.

As for choosing between the two, if you can, then ride them, as many people will no doubt suggest, however in many situations this is not possible.
    So if not, you have to weigh up on what you want. The sting will be a little lighter than the Fritz, as the Fritz is a heavy (but bulletproofly strong) build. Also to consider is wheels. The 29er String will give you better climbing both on the wheel size and the design/travel. However the Fritz will be inarguably more fun downhill.
    Decide what you prioritise in the bike, and choose accordingly :) However, I'm narrowing down to those two, if you then prioritise what the Sting 120 offers more, then that may be the bike for you too :)
  • 40ish
    40ish Posts: 31
    Ive been looking at going full suspension too,been looking at the fritzz but not sure if 160 travel is too much for me?
    Want a complete all rounder as will be hitting trails centres but also cycling around the peaks,the fritzz looks great bike,not sure about the brakes( formula?) not heard much about them!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Fritzz is a bit of a tank. Too gravity focused to be a proper all rounder. The Sting is more of an all rounder though if you you don't limit yourself to Cube there are better bikes.