Can't make up my mind - Argon 18 or Dogma

Andyb10
Andyb10 Posts: 126
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Have a £3k credit note for my LBS but can't make up my mind whether to go for Argon 18 Gallium Pro with Ultegra Di2 - it looks really nice in the flesh, has had good reviews, and seems really good value for money, or a Pinarello Dogma Think2 frameset and bung my Campagnolo Chorus 11sp on it.

I also have a Cervelo S3 so looking for something kind of more sportive friendly rather than aero.

Comments

• Rodders30
    Rodders30 Posts: 314
    Second option as the Pinarello frames look great and also I don't like Di2, i.e. relying on electrics rather than a nice simple mechanical system.

This is of course my opinion.
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    Dogma for me
  • Thought the Argon was aggressive geo….?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Gallium pro for me. Don't like the wavy gimicry of pinas. Sure you'll be pleased with whatever you pick tjough.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Gallium, every Tom, Dick and Harry has got a Pinarello.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    argon18 every day of the week.

The new 2014 pro is outrageously light and rides beautifully. Also Di2 is absolutely awesome, the only thing that comes close is the new 9000. (Other than campagnolo for campy lovers)
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    people either think Dogmas look hideous or not. Which one are you?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Andyb10
    Andyb10 Posts: 126
    maddog 2 wrote:
    people either think Dogmas look hideous or not. Which one are you?

Well I certainly don't think they look hideous, just look a bit "heavy".

Anyway I phoned Primera Sport back in the afternoon to go for the Argon as it just felt closer to my old Cervelo R3 SL (yes bb issues!!) that it will be replacing.
    Btw I loved the SL but it's virtually impossible to get hold of just a frame this year as they have gone down the pre-built route. Primera told me that they have been waiting for the best part of 6months for any of this year's R-series and still not seen one. New importer doesn't seem up to the job at the moment.