Vent & Questions

M4rcus
M4rcus Posts: 33
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

Vent - I took my bike into a bike shop to have its year service. They managed to damage my dropper seat post by ripping the tubing out, seat post end. They're going to get it repaired.

Question 1 - Who's the best people for them to send this off to for fixing, bear in mind the part is less than 2 months old? (I just want to check)
Question 2 - Would it be a recon part (whole thing just swapped out) or just a replacement tubing?

Bonus vent - they wouldn't offer me anything other than an extra year of service for free! - erm no.

Thanks for reading.

M

*edit - details about them repairing it.

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    If they've broken it they should be fixing it.
  • M4rcus
    They are going to, I just want to be sure it's done properly and by the right people...
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Well what is it.
  • Chunkers1980
    edited April 2014
    And anyway, mistakes are made and if they're putting it right then all good. How much did you pay for this service so you know their compensation for making what is more than likely a mistake.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Accidents happen and sometimes things go wrong. Have you never made a mistake at work?
    The best people to repair it will depend on the make and model.
    Another free service seems pretty reasonable. One mistake doesn't make them a bad shop.
  • M4rcus
    A mistake at work, yep, I've made those. If you don't make a mistake, you're not trying hard enough... it's about how you correct the mistake and keep the customer and your boss happy, and ultimately to also learn from the mistake.

If the service was anything more than a cables check and a kick of the tyres I might have taken them up on it. I'm more than capable of doing it myself anyway, and that way, if I damage it before a long bank holiday I can only be p'd off at myself.

PS, it's a Rockshox Reverb.
  • Chunkers1980
    I don't quite understand what your problem is?
  • M4rcus
    Well to start with it was a vent, I vented. Then there were two questions (of which I left out info that would have helped, ie the make). Both questions that became irrelevant when I said I'd worked it out with them to get the spares and fluid. So a bit of a non post now. Although knowing who the best people to send off a RockShox product to for a refurb would be handy, so I guess question 1 is still open if anyone's got an answer?
  • chuase05
    chuase05 Posts: 23
    Sram tech centre if you want it done by rockshox or any seam dealer with half decent mechanics will be able to do it for you in the future
    Dmr Transition 26"
    Giant Anthem 27.5 SX
    Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1
    Cannondale Chase
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    TF Tuned are the best place for Rockshox repairs.