Boardman FS Team 650B Maintenance

Daerve
Daerve Posts: 33
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all, just looking for some advice on maintenance for the above.

I'm fine with the usual maintenance but am unsure about the whole full sus pivot points etc because this is my first one. The manual for the shock says mount points need greasing every 20 hours. Does this mean the whole frame and shock mounting points need stripping and greasing every 20 hours!!

I'm perfectly able to do this but is 20 hours a bit excessive, I've already done 10 hours on it after just a few rides and don't want to be stripping and rebuilding all the time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• jon1993
    jon1993 Posts: 596
    Just use your common sense if your riding on dry hard pack then you may not have to for months where as if your riding in sopping wet sand/grit I do after every other ride. I don't think I would ever do it every 20hrs but they have to be on the safe side giving you recommendations. Id imagine the pivots are sealed cartridges so id say every 50hrs clean the outsides of them and slight grease. it means just the bush at bottom and top of the rear shock and that's easier than cleaning your chain. More importantly keep up the maintenance of the suspension a much more expensive issue and often overlooked.
    Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Boardman team carbon 2010
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build