Product Research.

dangerous97
dangerous97 Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
I am looking into designing a new bike seat available for all users, and would like to use you as one of my research mediums.

The seat itself will be sold as an attachment to the bike in replacement of the conventional seat, constructed from a lightweight impact resistant plastic. The way this product is separated from its competitors is the physical design and comfort. The seat itself is the width of the user and has curved recess to support the body design. Moulded supports at the front of the seat for support to the upper hamstring.

This is for the first phase and I want your support and improvements before we take the product further.

Thank you

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    cant see how this would work? how can solid plastic support the upper hamstrings which are constantly moving whilst on the bike?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Is this a seat for non pedallers or a saddle for those doing the work?

This sounds like a school/college type 'not real' project to me?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Saddles need to support your sit bones (Ischial Tuberosities) and nothing else. Additional contact is going to lead to chaffing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX