Bibs

Focus-rider
Focus-rider Posts: 126
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hey all, has anyone got any recommendations for shorts.
I'm caught between the gore xenon, assos s5 and castelli pro shorts. Anyone use any of these and have any recommendations. Do like the Rapha shorts but trying to keep price around £160. Currently using some gore oxygen and enduro equipes shorts depending on the weather.

Comments

• I have Assos S5 bib shorts and Castellis with the Progetto X2 seat pad. Both are excellent seat pads although the Assos shorts just edge it for me as they give consistent comfort over any distance.

A problem I encountered with printed Castelli logos 20 odd years ago was they gradually disintegrated with repeated washing leaving a god-awful mess so I was disappointed to discover this still happens on their latest gear.
  • Focus-rider
    Focus-rider Posts: 126
    I read a review about the castelli aero bibs that said the same thing. If I where to spend £140 notes and that happened I would not be impressed. Thinking it's between the assos s5 and the gore xenon to be honest. Have a pair of the gore xenon full length tights and they are super comfortable on 5 hour rides. Need the shorts to be the same. Looking for a bit of warmth but comfort more than anything. What's the difference in all the assos shorts? There seems to be a lot of choice