A sore head..

Adam1985
Adam1985 Posts: 32
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
Noticed today that the top of my forehead is aching which im guessing is from looking up alot of the time whilst riding, has anyone else had this?

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Possibly from the riding position as you say but possibly also from your helmet being too tight or being dehydrated.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    edited April 2014
    as above, possibly crash hat.
    i tend to keep my head fairly still and move the eyes ?
    are you using tri bars ?
  • Rodders30
    Rodders30 Posts: 314
    I would blame your helmet. Mine is ever so slightly tight on the front/back of my head and it gets sore.
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I strongly suspect you are suffering from a helmet which is either adjusted incorrectly or, more likely, is slightly the wrong fit for your head. I used to have this problem - a new helmet solved the problem.

I would associate neck pains with head/ neck posture, not a sore forehead.

Peter
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Leave your helmet in the understairs cupboard - sorted.
  • arran77
    CiB wrote:
    Leave your helmet in the understairs cupboard - sorted.

This is the best advice, helmets serve no purpose anyway.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Naughty...
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Naughty...

'Tis true, did a helmet save your broken bones when you had that accident of yours that you don't like to mention :wink:

seanoconn
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    i was going to jump in there but i'll leave arran fishing a little longer ;)
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    My helmet saved me from a nasty head injury so I'll always wear one, keeps the misses happy too. Have you tried riding with no glasses, sometimes my glasses give me a tense and sore head.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group