Liege Bastogne Liege

leelondon117
leelondon117 Posts: 22
edited April 2014 in Pro race
Hi,

I am riding the Liege Bastogne Liege challenge on 26th April and then watching the pro race the next day.

Can anybody who has been to watch the race suggest a good viewing spot that is within 20 miles of Liege and wouldn't be too packed?

Thanks

Lee

Comments

• shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    I can't help but I'm riding the challenge on the Saturday too. We're driving home afterwards and I intend to spend the Sunday soothing my aching limbs with full strength Belgian Beer !!

Good luck, we'll need it with those climbs !!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Near the top of St Nicholas or.

My spot next to the roundabout up there and just as they start the descent to the left turn under the motorway.

From there I take another road from that R/B to another R/B and right turn to get on the motorway and get to Calais for the 2030 ferry.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Isn't there a big screen at the finish line in Ans? It's a long time since I've been.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I'd say it depends if you want to watch the race or just one of the (potential) important parts of it. If the former then find a big screen near the finish (which if you go 500m or so down the straight shouldnt be too difficult) and set up with a few choice beers and frites.

Alternatively it's a question of finding a hill - without a hospitality tent on it and getting there early and enjoying many more beers and frites
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver