Bib tights for larger legs!

pak-man
pak-man Posts: 76
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
OK, I know I'm a big'ish bloke at 6'1" and 16 stone but I really thought a pair of Castelli XXXL bib tights would fit me!

The problem is that I'm an ex-rugby player so my legs, particularly my thighs, are big (in diameter) so the Castelli's were too tight on my legs (length was fine).

My question is does anyone know which brands are more relaxed in girth? I have some dhb tights that fit OK but, again, they are on the tight side. I can go back to dhb on the basis that they're not as tight and I've been able to live with them but before I do, I just wondered if you knew of other brands worth looking at.

Cheers

Comments

• pashda
    pashda Posts: 99
    I have a similar problem. I tried on about 10 different makes and ended up with Gore. They had a bit more room but aren't the cheapest. Good quality though I would certainly buy them again.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Waiting with baited breath for this one. I've got 60cm of girth and bio racer XL are tight and that's them stretched with popped stitching.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • hanhamreds
    hanhamreds Posts: 100
    Dhb Aeron bib shorts.

Im 5.11 and 15stone 7lbs, the XXL is almost too large for me.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Pashda wrote:
    I have a similar problem. I tried on about 10 different makes and ended up with Gore. They had a bit more room but aren't the cheapest. Good quality though I would certainly buy them again.
    +1. I've found Gore tend to be a little roomier than some. Having said that, Castelli is one of the more skinny fit types around so you may find that there are quite a few brands that would fit better.
  • iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    Assos
    T_Pro Bib Short_s2
    Size XLG

bigger than all of you in girth :oops: :cry:
    but not in height :?

these fit a treat... Definitely worth a punt, great quality too.
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Try some made in the UK - Endura, Lusso etc. Cut larger for the UK market.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • pak-man
    pak-man Posts: 76
    Thanks all for your advice, gives me a number of options to look at.
  • I'm 6ft 17.5 stone thighs are 26" circumference and my giordana frc bibs in XL fit ok but the thigh part is loose. Assos XL is a good fit.
  • Have exactly the same problem, my thighs are 28", ex rugby player.

Without a doubt the best bibshorts ive bought have been Adidas Supernova or their Response bibshorts. The XL has loads of room and very stretchy. The XXL was even too big for me.

The Supernova bibshorts have a much thicker padding than the Response ones but they have both been really good since ive owned them (well over a year).
    Just google Adidas Supernova bibshorts, plenty of offers around at the moment. XL would be fine for you.
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    Same problem here, Adidas Response are a very generous fit