Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

New Bike - Derby?

rubertoerubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited April 2014 in Commuting chat
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Posts

  • Kieran_BurnsKieran_Burns Posts: 10,052
    Wow.

    Now if they lumped in a bikeability course with it, that would be perfect
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoerubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I was going to title the thread New Bike - KB?

    but i assumed you are not a jobseeker...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

    PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,748
    That at least looks like a sensible initiative both for transport solutions and for helping job seekers (rather than just those on JS allowance!) to help themselves....how long before half are up for sale for a quick buck though?
  • rubertoerubertoe Posts: 3,994
    The Rookie wrote:
    That at least looks like a sensible initiative both for transport solutions and for helping job seekers (rather than just those on JS allowance!) to help themselves....how long before half are up for sale for a quick buck though?

    So cynical (I thought the same thing whilst reading the article)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

    PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Doris DayDoris Day Posts: 83
    The bikes will be BSOs with a better scrap value than selling them as bikes.
  • EKE_38BPMEKE_38BPM Posts: 5,980
    Doris Day wrote:
    The bikes will be BSOs with a better scrap value than selling them as bikes.
    What makes you say that? For all you know Derby may have a stock of old classics that only need refurbing to turn them into dream machines.








    Then sell them on for a quick buck.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

    I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,748
    A decently built and maintained BSO can last a long time, I know someone who commutes on a Trax (doesn't want it stolen!) and it's done about 2000 miles, he's replaced the BB with a cartridge and cleaned and greased the wheel bearings a few times.
  • rubertoerubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Didnt itboffin have a trax?

    I do believe he resigned it a slow death outside a mainline london station.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

    PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Doris DayDoris Day Posts: 83
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Doris Day wrote:
    The bikes will be BSOs with a better scrap value than selling them as bikes.
    What makes you say that? For all you know Derby may have a stock of old classics that only need refurbing to turn them into dream machines.








    Then sell them on for a quick buck.



    Because i am capable of using the internet to source information.
  • EKE_38BPMEKE_38BPM Posts: 5,980
    Doris Day wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Doris Day wrote:
    The bikes will be BSOs with a better scrap value than selling them as bikes.
    What makes you say that? For all you know Derby may have a stock of old classics that only need refurbing to turn them into dream machines.








    Then sell them on for a quick buck.



    Because i am capable of using the internet to source information.

    Oh please, do enlighten me as to what your superior skills have thrown up?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

    I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
Sign In or Register to comment.