Bar-Top Levers on Monster Crosser

Chinley Churner
Chinley Churner Posts: 313
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
For a bit of fun for next winter I'm thinking of building up my current rigid 69-er as a monster crosser using Shimano's new road hydraulic disc brakes and shifters. My question is, would I be able to run my current Shimano XT brake levers as bar-tops using some kind of splitter for the hoses and, if so, does anyone know of one which would be suitable... I've found these http://www.trialsaddict.com/brake-spare ... itter.html

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Your top tube is probably too long for a crosser, the hand hold position on drop bars is much further forward of the steerer so the top tube is shorter to keep cockpit length sensible!

I wouldn't rely on just barbs to hold a brake hose in place with the pressures involved, that device could prove fatal!

Hope do some splitters to run two brakes from one lever, just use the other way round!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.