Ksyrium SLS Carbon hub noise

davoj
davoj Posts: 190
edited April 2014 in Workshop
On the last few rides my Ksyrium SLS Carbon front hub has been been making a echo noise when over a bump or rough road so i cleaned and greased the quick release and when loosened the quick release it seems to have helped but i am wondering if the quick release is now a bit lose? I can open and close it with a bit of pressure with one finger but if i tightening it any further than the echo starts up again.

I have a carbon bike and any advice on a better solution or if the quick release isn't tight enough would be appreciated?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Get it checked in a shop, carbon parts can crack
    left the forum March 2023
  • davoj
    davoj Posts: 190
    Get it checked in a shop, carbon parts can crack
    No it doesn't seem to be cracked.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I doubt its the quick release. My R-Sys made a weird creak when sprinting ....they were due to a small washer on the inside...cut a long story short bike shop greased it and so far I've not had the problem again. Would be worth taking the hub appart and grease it up,,,works wonders, if not you could have a loose spoke(s) as they pull fit into the hub that could also be the problem....check their not loose. Check the bearings are tensioned up tight as they can work loose / wear