Installing Avid XX Brake Calipers

ms30594
ms30594 Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Looking for advice on mounting hardware to mount Sram XX disc brake calipers on my Cannondale F29 Carbon Team. I posted pictures below. The only hardware I have are the Torx screws that came with the calipers. The front is a Sram XX hydraulic disc caliper with a 160mm rotor and Cannondale Lefty 29er 100mm fork. Looking for advice/recommendations on the best spacers and bracket options to properly mount the caliper. For the rear it is a Sram XX hydraulic disc caliper and 160mm rotor. Some people have suggested going to a 140mm rotor which seems really small to me. Similar to the front - looking for bracket/spacer recommendations to make the setup work. Please see attached pictures of brakes and frame/fork mounting. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• http://reviews.mtbr.com/pro-bike-marco- ... er-pro-2-6]

Photo gallery may be of use, you haven't labelled your photos incorrectly have you.? The rear looks like it is a direct mount to frame using torx bolts.

If I am right then front would need an is to post mount adapter.Just checked and that is definitely the case.
    The rear may need a post mount adapter depending on rotor size. Avid need a series of flat and domed washers on mounting bolts in order to align the pads to rotor.
    Obtaining correct adapter is a case of measuring the gap between the fork or rear dropout monting points.then specifying the rotor size you are using for examle to run a bigger front youneed this ......http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Avid-D ... _1469.html
  • cobba
    cobba Posts: 282
    edited April 2014
    Avid need a series of flat and domed washers on mounting bolts in order to align the pads to rotor.l

The CPS washers aren't used on that model brake.

The adapters needed are the Avid '0mm IS' adapter on the front & the Avid '20mm Post' adapter on the rear.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    ^^ he's right.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    ^^^^ They are both right!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Almost right !
  • ms30594
    ms30594 Posts: 5
    cobba wrote:
    Avid need a series of flat and domed washers on mounting bolts in order to align the pads to rotor.l

The CPS washers aren't used on that model brake.

The adapters needed are the Avid '0mm IS' adapter on the front & the Avid '20mm Post' adapter on the rear.

Thank you for the reply and the attention to detail. It took a little work searching for the parts but I was able to find them online. Ride well.