Why did no-one go with Terpstra?!

nickynoodles
nickynoodles Posts: 25
edited April 2014 in Pro race
Just wondering what everyone's views are on it, the pedigree in that group and everyone just sat there watching the win power off down the road. Any thoughts?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    There's a thread about Paris Roubaix. Try reading it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    RichN95 wrote:

Hope you don't speak to people in that tone in the real world?
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Elfed wrote:

He probably also keeps his room tidy like he's trying to keep the forum tidy.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Elfed wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Yes, he does. How do you think the west's finest hockey club is kept in line?

Anyways...c'mon over to the Paris-Roubaix thread..
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    They've all got used to waiting for Fabian to do something, when he doesn't move nothing happens. The one exception is Boonen but he's not going to chase his own team mate, though I suspect he was cursing when nobody else did! It was clear afterwards that Thomas thought Wiggins was going to have a go but Wiggo has generally been a reactive rather than a proactive rider. I think a few such as Sagan were genuinely unable to make a move but one or two others had nothing to lose at least trying to follow Terpstra. I thought it was disappointing but to be fair I sppose enough of them would have been happy just to finish in th front geoup before the the day started, if the same situation happened again next year I'd expect a bit more action.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Elfed wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I do when necessary. You see what the OP has done is look at the Roubaix thread, seen it's 40 pages long and decided that rather than bother to scan through it himself he'll ask everyone to repeat themselves.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Not really Rich, I just did it to wind to you up a bit, seems to have worked a treat as well!

DeVlaeminck, thanks for the reply! I was surprised when Sagan just sat there, I also struggled to believe Fabian didn't want a piece of it! I agree that it was slightly disappointing although the look on Terpstra's face for the last few kms made it a lot better!

Sorry again Rich!
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    RichN95 wrote:
    Elfed wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I do when necessary. You see what the OP has done is look at the Roubaix thread, seen it's 40 pages long and decided that rather than bother to scan through it himself he'll ask everyone to repeat themselves.

Which they can choose to do or not. DeVlaeminck did, which was kind of him. Starting a new thread to ask an obvious question or because you CBA to trawl through 40 pages does not need to prompt a public bollocking.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    edited April 2014
    I reckon they just thought 'ah it would be nice to see Nicki win'. Alternatively they were too knackered after nearly 260km of racing on horrendously tough roads.

Next question we'll see will be asking why no-one went with Froome on Ax 3 Domaines, Boonen at P-R in 2012 or Cancellara in 2010. In fact, why don't all races finish in a bunch sprint?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why didn't anyone go with Froome? It was the first real mountain stage so fatigue couldn't be the answer?
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Everyone has good legs when you are watching from the sofa.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited April 2014
    Pross wrote:
    Next question we'll see will be asking why no-one went with Froome on Ax 3 Domaines, Boonen at P-R in 2012 or Cancellara in 2011.

Hushovd did go with Cancellara in 2011, sat on his wheel all day! :D
  • smithy21 wrote:
    Everyone has good legs when you are watching from the sofa.

I don't. :cry:
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    Next question we'll see will be asking why no-one went with Froome on Ax 3 Domaines, Boonen at P-R in 2012 or Cancellara in 2011.

Hushovd did go with Cancellara in 2011, sat on his wheel all day! :D

I said 2010 :wink: :oops:
  • Pross
    sjmclean wrote:
    Why didn't anyone go with Froome? It was the first real mountain stage so fatigue couldn't be the answer?

Exactly, should have been a bunch sprint as they were all fresh :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pross wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

Exactly, should have been a bunch sprint as they were all fresh :wink:

You've nailed it. This should be in 'The Rules' of procycling.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    tumblr_n43otuGkYi1qbw072o1_r1_400.gif

Where'd he go?
    Where'd who go?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!