Praise for Ribble

Cycool
Cycool Posts: 51
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
First off I don't work for Ribble but have recently bought a Winter Trainer bike off them. The buying process was
smooth and easy and when I chased them to find out a timescale for the build I was told 5-10 days. The bike itself
arrived well packaged in 7 working days. All components were set up correctly and after putting on handlebars
and saddle it was ready to roll. I had a slight problem with the joins on the wheels (Rodi Airline 4's) whereby the
rims weren't perfectly aligned so when braking there was a significant catch. I emailed them and within an hour
I had a response. They agreed the wheels sounded wrong and agreed that I could send them back and get a
slightly better set as a replacement. I requested the Shimano R501 wheels and they were promptly sent out and
the other wheels collected at the same time. All in all I couldn't have expected a better service from them and
feel they deserve some praise for a job well done. I love my bike, it's a work of art, and can't wait to get back
out on it. If you are considering buying from them but are concerned about some of the not so positive reviews
of the company, just go for it as they have been faultless in my dealings with them to date. Happy riding! :D
Trek 4500 Disc
Ribble 7005 Audax

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I ordered something from them last Monday and then on Wednesday ordered something else.

I got an email on Thursday saying the 2nd order had shipped and it duly arrived on Friday.

So I rang them Friday afternoon to enquire about the first order and got straight through in about 3 rings of the phone. I explained I'd put in two orders and the second one had arrived but no sign of the earlier one.
    The guy apologised, said he couldn't see any problem with the order and why it hadn't shipped, said he'd send a message to the warehouse to sort it out.

Yesterday I got the email saying the order had shipped and it arrived today.

In the parcel was a water bottle which I hadn't ordered - I assume it was put in as an apology for the delay but there wasn't even a handwritten message on the delivery note.

Oh well, all sorted-out OK - and I use them because their prices are so good.

I've also had decent service from Planet-X recently : I had to ring them with a query about a frame I'd ordered and had to wait in the phone queue for about 20 minutes before I got through - their customer service rep apologised for that and added free headset fitting onto my order.

Everybody moans about bad service, no-one says anything about good service - except me and him above ^ :lol:
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Always great to hear stories of good service.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    andy_wrx wrote:
    In the parcel was a water bottle which I hadn't ordered - I assume it was put in as an apology for the delay but there wasn't even a handwritten message on the delivery note.

They chuck them in every so often. I like mine quite a lot because the top is quite a nice shape to pull out of a cage.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Ribble are great!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Yeah, never had an issue with ribble. And their winter/audax bikes are amazing!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Yeah, never had an issue with ribble. And their winter/audax bikes are amazing!

You tried the steel one yet? Fancy one and my C2W is all settled next month….
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”