Reccomend a saddle

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper Posts: 420
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
It's time for a new saddle I've a for a budget of £50 tops anyone got any they can recommend.
I've used a charge spoon in the past but wasn't to fussed on it.
I mainly do Xc riding and a fair bit of afan

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    get your sit bones measured and work from there
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    rgliniany wrote:
    get your sit bones measured and work from there

This is right advice. After measuring I found my original saddle I found painful on longer rides was too narrow. I now ride pain free on a wider saddle with a cutaway down the middle (Specialized Avatar). Have a read on the web about how to measure yourself and they types of saddles.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    My Madison Flux does the job

Used it on XC all the way to DH

I don't have much to compare it to but I like it
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Basically a Charge Spoon so no use here.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What do you not like about the spoon? that will tell us how you may want it different.

As above, measure sit bones, this can be done with a friendly partner at home for a bit of fun!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • waynej
    waynej Posts: 56
    As was said above - get your seat bones measured. I was experiencing a lot of pain with my old saddle and when I got my bones measured I discovered I needed to move up a size. The new, wider, saddle has been a revelation.

Getting measured and buying appropriately is great advice.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    WTB Devo is not bad.
  • Boromedic
    Boromedic Posts: 96
    I measured my sit bones and then bought a Superstar Peak based on a WMB review, great saddle and no pain or numbness unlike the Selle saddles I'd been riding or the Charge. Good price too at £35, worth a look maybe?
    "I should live in salt for leaving you, behind"

Ghost HTX Actinum 29er
  • Best I get measured up then if I can find somewhere in the area to do it.
    With the Spoon I feel sore after even being out on short rides.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Best I get measured up then if I can find somewhere in the area to do it.

There are guides on the web and you can do it at home easily enough if you prefer not going to a shop.
  • Probably no help but I got a Charge Scoop a few weeks back. £31 on Tredz and its excellent so far
  • http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/h ... bly-30179/

Worth a look , includes diy guide to measuring. For what it's worth I have a fizik gobi and don't notice I am on it. Note minor changes in fore and aft , height and tilt make a lot of difference. Experiment there before condeming a saddle.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Please explain how that helps! Sore where, sit bones, up the middle (perineum) or somewhere else
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.