SLX help please

chachasunni
chachasunni Posts: 32
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys i brought some SLX m670 shifters but they have no optical window display does anyone know where i can buy these form please much appreciate youre help :)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Look on Ebay - lots of people take them off because they get in the way and are pretty unnecessary.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Don't worry about them. If it's getting hard to pedal then shift down. If you're spinning away then shift up. If the lever won't go any further then you have run out of gears.
    If you have time to look down at a little indicator and read it properly then your riding too slow.
  • LOOOL lovely put rocky just abit of bike build OCD me thinks on my part would XT window fit onto SLX shifter:D?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Probably. Indicator windows limit your brake and shifter set up on the bars quite a lot.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    For me, they're pointless for all the reasons listed above. I removed them from my SLX shifters.

If I can find them you can have them
  • that would be very kind of you Al id give you some money for them :)
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    where did you bring them from :lol:

This is the MTB buying advice section not the MTB bringing advice once :wink:

Hey guys i brought some SLX m670 shifters but they have no optical window display does anyone know where i can buy these form please much appreciate youre help :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can't see them in the dark, they add weight, learn to ride properly (then you don't need indicators at all), a much better OCD to have!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.