Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays Routes

New trail center...... Mallory Park.

morepowermorepower Posts: 140
edited October 2014 in Routes
Ok it is not going to be a challenge for many and down hilling is never doing to be part of the route but Mallory Park are building a series of trails for a mixture of abilities and will be somewhere for those of us in Leicestershite who cannot get out too far during the week.

Lets hope it works out and gives many of us, especially beginners somewhere to ride and enjoy our sport.

https://www.facebook.com/cyclingmallory

• RockmonkeySCRockmonkeySC Posts: 15,247
    Flat trails are always boring.
  • garnibgarnib Posts: 38
    :)
    keep up the good work chaps , will be a good ride out for us from burton 8)
  • morepowermorepower Posts: 140

They might be but it does mean many of us can just get there during the week all year round and for me it is about 4 miles away... OK not like going to Cannock or one of the other trail centres but close and should still have some fun bits to ride too..

https://www.facebook.com/cyclingmallory ... =3&theater
  • pilchpilch Posts: 1,136

Opinionated knobs are always boring
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • duskdusk Posts: 583
    +1 :D
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • RockmonkeySCRockmonkeySC Posts: 15,247
    When has anyone ever got excited about going to ride flat trails?
  • morepowermorepower Posts: 140
    Flat or not.. Dull or not... It is somewhere to ride locally any night of the week.... Great for me as I finish work when I have done what I need to do for that day.... So it could be anytime but it is close enough to let me get out for some form of ride. Even if I dont have time to load up and go to Cannock or Sherwood Pines ect...

Now it has been opened up for use and they have had their first race meeting there too... it is not fully open but it is there if you want to just have somewhere to go if you are close....

https://www.facebook.com/cyclingmallory ... 84?fref=nf
  • Guys - anyone ridden here yet?
    Will be in Leicester quite a bit with work and thinking it might be good if I can knock off early and get a ride in before it gets dark on the way home.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,868
    Going Sunday morning weather permitting if not before, will post comments afterwards. My understanding is it is pitched between sherwood / hicks lodge and cannock. Believe it's been rated a red route so can't be to easy.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,868
    Been this morning, costs £2:50 to ride but no parking charges. Course isn't that bad, could do with better marking but trail is still in its infancy. Several races going on next weekend so will be better marked for that. Currently very muddy, especially on the old motocross bits. Some short steep inclines and drops, a few berms and table tops in the woods. Give it a year and I think given progress so far it will be well worth a visit. Cafe and toilets on site bacon butty worth a visit on its own.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.