Newb - my bike is here Mekk poggio 1.5

deimosjohnny
deimosjohnny Posts: 135
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
With my other hobby being astronomy there is bit of tradition in our forums for unboxing new kit, so excuse the images.

Ok so now for this fat b'tard to feel some pain and start doing some miles.

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Unboxing is cool! Most people don't get their bikes in a box I guess!
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    looks real nice bike

Get some nice pics up once its out up and running.

Great feeling waiting for the delivery man- seeing them turn up and getting the box.
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    So how many Haribos did you get?

PS
    Fab bike :)
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    I was half expecting a 10" Dob in that box for a moment :wink:

1967 Engine
  • Chunky101
    Chunky101 Posts: 108
    My wife recently bought one of these as her first road bike and couldn't be more delighted with it. Enjoy!
  • Hals1967 wrote:
    I was half expecting a 10" Dob in that box for a moment :wink:

I have 12" dob and I am not afraid to use it, Lightbridge. I also live in countryside with great skies can see the milky way on a clear night without any difficulty sit out for half an hour and wow it just gets brighter and brighter.
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    Nice one, owner of a Skywatcher 10" Dob & assorted bits here. Cycling and Astronomy...one for days the other for (clear) nights. Best of both worlds so to speak !

1967 Engine
  • got to be honest, i thought you had bought a really really really tiny little bike looking at the second picture.
  • got to be honest, i thought you had bought a really really really tiny little bike looking at the second picture.

Its a 53cm.

Think box is very big so it is much like the caravan sketch in father ted this cow is small and that cow is just very far away.
  • Welcome to the forum, nice bike and enjoy the suffering!