Saddle creaking

Jon_1976
Jon_1976 Posts: 690
edited April 2014 in Workshop
I got a new saddle about 2 weeks ago (fizik aliante vsx) and everything was fine. I made a slight angle adjustment and it's started creaking like mad :oops: Whilst pedalling it's like a metronome, freewheeling its intermittent but going bumps in the road guarantees a creaking spell.
I've removed the saddle and inspected it, nothing looks broken. Is there any way to solve this as it's pissing me right off :oops:

It's definitely not the seat post as I thoroughly cleaned it and added a dab of grease to any places that could cause creaking (bolts,etc). The bolts were tightened evenly and not over tightened. I tried an old crappy saddle and there was no creaking. Unfortunately, I'd rather use the aliante than the £5 one from my exercise bike :oops:

Comments

• mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    Try smearing a little grease on the rails.
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    You could try insulation tape on the rails - you don't even notice it's on there.

I tried this after I developed a creak - read it somewhere on a forum...but I didn't "click" it coincided with a new pair SPD-SL pedals and cleats...a quick squirt of GT85 on the pedal parts and silence again...So it wasn't the saddle :oops: :oops: