Fox 32 29 CTD settings

mgfredy10
mgfredy10 Posts: 20
edited April 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone

Finally took delivery of my Canyon CF SL 7.9 after three months waiting .

I am new to MTB having been out of the game for a long time - I am struggling to set the forks up I have checked out this web site http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/ ... 26_32.html. But am struggling to understand it. I thought I had put the PSI at the correct level but it seems very soft indeed.

I also do not understand the meaning of SAG - does any one have exeperience of these and in lay man terms what PSI should I have them at. When pumping the forks up what setting the handlebar do i put it on - there are three

Thanks in advance for your help

cheers :D

Comments

• mgfredy10
    Thank you very much for that my forks have a adjuster setting on the handlebars should I have it on the softest setting when sorting out sag? Stupid question what is the total distance of the travel of my forks so I can then work out the sag distance thanks
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Adjuster setting should be on D, the softest setting. You can check travel by either letting all the air out and just measuring it or check the bike manual/ask the shop.

For setting sag ignore the guidelines. Just keep adding air until you get it in the 25%ish area.
  • mgfredy10
    hi thanks for your help really appreciated the forks have 100mm travel so does that mean I the forks need to compress down 25mm when in the riding position? does that sound about right? cheers
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Yes
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube