Ultegra Di2 Front Derailleur not going into adjustment mode

Cyclosis
Cyclosis Posts: 35
edited April 2014 in Workshop
Hi Folks,

Wonder if anyone can help me, or has had a similar problem.

I have a 6870 front derailleur that doesn't want to go into micro adjustment mode, when I click either of the left shifters (having pushed the button on junction A) it doesn't micro adjust, the red light just flashes on the junction box.

I can't find any thing in the documentation, nor anywhere on the web, about the junction light flashing or an error or anything.

Otherwise it all works and shifts fine. Strange! It also had been micro adjusting fine up until yesterday too.

Anyone had any similar problems?

Cheers,

Jim

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I have 6770 so can't be sure that 6870 is the same but if it is, there is no micro adjust on the front mech.

The 6770 front mech is a mechanical adjustment to index it. There is a tiny Allan key in the centre of the unit and this winds against a pad on the seat tube and a spring loading.

6870 may be different but if the manual doesn't detail micro adjustment, I suspect it isn't.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Cyclosis
    It does do electronic micro adjustment, which is detailed in the manual, and was working fine until yesterday.

What's not mentioned in the manual, or anywhere, is what this flashing red light means, or how to deal with a fault/error like this.

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue?
  • There were a load of firmware updates recently - maybe this will help or just do the adjust using the PC software?
  • Cyclosis
    Aye, it seems i'll have to hook it up to the e-tubes software to see if that throws up anything.

Annoying thing is I'm a mac user, which makes it a bit of a pain.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Can I just ask why you want to micro adjust it? I've the 10-speed version and have not needed to touch it since setting it on either bike. Does it not have the limit screws? (Excuse my 11-speed ignorance)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    I didn't know it had it, I know the 10 speed doesn't but I haven't even tried it on the 11. If you're confident it does/did used to do this, but it has stopped working with nothing else changing, have to tried disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds then reconnecting to see if that sorts the issue?!