Cycling clothes for the larger bloke

chuckla
chuckla Posts: 132
edited April 2014 in Road general
Anyone got any recommendations on cycling clothes for big men? I'm about 19 stone with a 48 - 50 inch chest and broad shoulders. I'm after a packable rain jacket. Tried a few makes xxxl but they are still to small! Same goes for bib shorts with a decent chamois, most don't go up to xxxl!

Comments

• http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... sts-38605/

Don't know what they're like but might accommodate for your requirements?
  • Endura, Altura and DHB all do larger sizes. AeroTech do huge but they are in the States and takes a few weeks to come.
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    fat lad at the back plus a diet>
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Unfortunately most cycling clothes are made for short very slim riders. To be fair there is a much wider range than there used to be and at over 6ft6 now I am fit I can find a reasonable range to choose from at about 15 stone 7.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Prendas do sizings up to 5XL in bibshorts.
  • chuckla
    chuckla Posts: 132
    Endura and altura are ok for winter gear, summer stuff they stop at XXL!

I'll check out the other stiff and report back! Tidy
  • eyepic
    eyepic Posts: 58
    I am bigger than you... try

http://www.tenn-outdoors.co.uk/categories/
  • I've found Gore & Pearl Izumi both come up large; I find 'large' fits me at 6'1" 48" chest whereas I'm about XXXXXXXXXL in anything Italian
  • +1 for Pearl Izumi. 99% sure it will fit at XXL. The joys of this size is that you can get some great bargains. Hewitt Cycles had some great Pearl Izumi bargains a couple of weeks ago.
  • One thing to add re Pearl Izumi. Avoid the Pro fit and stick to the elite or the select. Like you I am not built for the Pro cut :cry:
  • Although only 16 1/2 stone I also have 48" chest with wide shoulders. I wear Polaris jackets, short sleeve / winter weight & windproof and gilet.
    I find they fit well wearing xl, and they also do xxl.
    Tried a few other brands and even xxxl did not fit.
    Dave.
  • I get the feeling this is a thread designed to smoke out the fatties…..
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,651
    Worth a look at some Mavic clothing too, seems to be very big sizing. I wear L in most brands,XL in some, and usually find M in Mavic is plenty big enough.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS