dsgrjetdrg
dsgrjetdrg Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in MTB general

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Why? It is a bike. That Cube looks shite.
  • Ditto Chunkers. Why? You have a good bike, as you say, why pretend its something else? Seems like a lot of effort for an odd reason
  • dsgrjetdrg
    edited September 2015
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Seriously?

Cube is shitter.

Having a Boardman says you're wise with your dosh.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I once had a Fiat with Ferrari badges (bought from a Ferrari mechanic).
    I even used Agip synthetic oil and Pirelli tyres, but no one believed it was a Ferrari - can't understand why not.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH it looks like it is under the clearcoat, so live with it. Sell it and buy a Cube. Strip all the parts off it and send it away for repainting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Exar Kun wrote:
    The fact that Halfords is associated with the Boardman brand really puts me off. I'd rather have my bike with a different logo as Boardman bikes are common where I live
    That is pretty stupid they are great bikes sounds like a bit of brand snobbery. You want to waste your time and money doing that go for it. :roll:
  • dsgrjetdrg
    edited September 2015
  • dsgrjetdrg
    edited September 2015
  • Just got myself a Boardman Team in the clearance of 2013 models. As all the reviews said, this £850 bike is better than many £1k bikes. I paid £550 new for mine and have just upgraded the pedals, saddle, grips and tyres. Bargain! Most people know that Halfords set up is rubbish, but beyond that almost everyone knows what a great spec bike you have and at a very reasonable price. Worry not
  • dsgrjetdrg
    edited September 2015
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    That Cube looks 'Lush' !
  • They were a bit heavy handed with the stickers on my ht pro carbon .... doesn't affect the way it rides though .
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Exar Kun wrote:
    I felt people would associate my Boardman with the poor quality of service from Halfords and therefore look down upon my bike.

And what would it matter if they did? As long as you're enjoying the ride, sod what anyone else thinks.

The Cube does look good, though.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Exar Kun wrote:
    I suppose I had a preconcieved idea in my head that Boardman was looked down upon by people who owned other branded bikes like Trek, Specialized, Giant etc. I also thought cube was seen as the better brand. Well I'm glad that isn't the case. I'm going to leave the bike as it is. If I do get snobby/disgusted looks from people then so be it. And thanks

People who look down on boardman's have often bought a bike from a big 'named' brand like specialized, giant, trek etc. that is actually way sh1tter.

As said before, in many cases the boardman is the wise persons choice.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    That Cube looks like it's been painted by a child and then run through a sticker shop. No class at all.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you like the Cube I would imagine you are no older than 17, in a year or two you'll appreciate the simplicity of the Boardman.

So the Boardman's are nearly all sold through Halfords, so what, good bikes at a very good price. Be out and be proud.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I ride a Boardman HT Pro 2014 - Best fun I've had on a bike in yonks. Considering their FS now.

Quite a few people have come up to me and asked about the bike when I'm out and about. No has has said it's shite because Halfords stock them. It really is a great bike at a very good price.

The Cube is too 'in your face' for my liking.
  • Daerve
    Daerve Posts: 33
    They might be sold by Halfords but they are corking bikes. On my 4th now and couldn't give a shit what people think about them. :lol:
  • i have the 2011 boardman ht pro and more than one person has said its one of the nicest bikes they ve seen. spec is more important but i think boardman get the looks and spec mostly right. everyone has differing views but boardman s do get a lot of good comments from the mags and on this forum.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    That Cube's so busy it gives me eyestrain looking at it. Less is definitely more. I like how my Boardman looks.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Boardman make great bikes. No idea what the issue is. Everyone knows all Halfords do is take the bits out the box and attempt to put them together.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen