paint chip on new Synapse Carbon 6

lawrenceoh
lawrenceoh Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
hi all, just picked up my new synapse carbon 6 yesterday. As i was tightening the front wheel hub, fair bit of paint got chipped off. Any idea how i can fix this chip? thank you for your advice in advance!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/s1m0ne/13811314203/

cheers
Lawrence

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Car touch up paint & lacquer, biggest problem is getting an exact match mostly trial and error.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Surprisingly white can be very tricky to match so as above just use the trial and error approach.

It could be worth contacting a Cannondale dealer to see if they can help?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'd expect the paint to be rather more robust, especially on a £1700 bike. Can't you get it fixed or exchanged under warranty?
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    I have exactly the same bike and I've done the same, it's caused by tightening the QR in an unsuitable place/orientation because of bad design ( of the QR), which scrapes the paintwork. I'll just touch it up with a bit of paint, no big drama.
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    Nail polish. Large range of colours that will match any paint job.