Miche Primato freehub body 10s -> 11s

fukawitribe
fukawitribe Posts: 109
edited April 2014 in Workshop
Howdo,

I was just wondering if anyone had any information about whether it would be possible to swap out a Primato Syntesi 10-speed freehub for an 11-speed (or whether the hub body itself is specific to either) ? If so, any idea whether any else would be required, e.g. a re-dish ?

Tried Miches site and general Googling but still none the wiser, grateful for any advice. I'll ping Miche directly too, but curious if folk here might know.

Cheers
Tim

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    99% sure you can just change the freehub, and no you don't need to re-dish as the locknuts are in the same place.
  • fukawitribe
    99% sure you can just change the freehub, and no you don't need to re-dish as the locknuts are in the same place.

Thanks, that sounds really promising. I'll keep digging as a wheelset purchase might depend on the answer, and that'd be an expense punt if not, but I couldn't see any difference in the hub tech drawings between the old and newer hubs either.

Cheers.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Yes, you need an 11 speed free hub. Ask the Cycle Clinic, he should be able to get you one
    left the forum March 2023
  • fukawitribe
    Yes, you need an 11 speed free hub. Ask the Cycle Clinic, he should be able to get you one

Great - thanks gents.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Have lots of stock of these a delivery came in from Miche.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • fukawitribe
    Have lots of stock of these a delivery came in from Miche.

Grand - can you PM me with price, shipping etc.
    Cheers