wtf is that clicking noise

melonheadboy
melonheadboy Posts: 28
edited April 2014 in MTB beginners
Bike went for a service...was quiet as a mouse wearing sponge slippers when i took bike in but now there is a click noise when i put alot of pressure on pedals either standing or going uphill.

Still learning the workings of a "bicycle",any ideas other than going back to shop...feels like a tweek would sort problem.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What gear does it happen in?

And read http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... rive-train
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • All,whilst seated and pedaling steady away its fine...but has soon as push down hard the click appears once every full rotation?
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Front mech cable catching the crank - though I'd expect it to be there in steady pedalling too.
  • bailsofhay
    bailsofhay Posts: 191
    Is it happening at a certain point in the crank rotation? Could be a stiff link in the chain or pedal bearings need cleaned/ regreased. I had some V8 pedals that drove me crazy till I figured out they needed a service.
  • Thanks for replies....will check over all suggestions....it does seem to be the same spot on rotation,got V12s on but they are almost brand new,will grease them up all the same.
  • bailsofhay
    bailsofhay Posts: 191
    I don't know if V12s are the same but my V8s had sod all grease in them from new took them apart cleaned them out and cleaned the bearings, regreased till overflowing and the click disappeared.
  • Barrelmaker
    Barrelmaker Posts: 188
    My bottom bracket clicks a lot when wet, but it still spins so I'm putting up with it.
  • I just had a click creek noise from bottom bracket,had it cleaned and greased and its fine now,there was a bit of water in there too
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    if its just when sitting down, check out the saddle rails got it alot there int he past and i swore blind it was from pedalling..