Any idea how/when Canyon's seasons are defined?

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 795
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I had been eyeing up the canyon ultimate al 9.0 as my new bike this year, I had a look online recently and it says that it is sold out for this season. Does anyone know if that means they will get more stock in the summer, or that they won't be selling that bike again until they release a updated version? Thanks

Comments

• rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    I enquirer about the bike start of year, they told be around September / October
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • prhymeate
    rgasuk wrote:
    I enquirer about the bike start of year, they told be around September / October

Thanks. I guess that means I should start looking elsewhere then if they wont get any more in. I understand they wouldn't want to overstock, but it seems a bit strange to miss out on 6 months worth of selling opportunity if that's what's happening.
  • What about Rose bikes? Same sort of price, spec and build quality. I would have ordered from here if I had problems with Canyon.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    The season is the one used by the likes of European car manufacturers. 2015 models start after the August shut down.
  • Order one before December and you may get it by May.

Followed by: we've sold out.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • prhymeate
    What about Rose bikes? Same sort of price, spec and build quality. I would have ordered from here if I had problems with Canyon.

Yea, those were second on my list. I'm just surprised that Canyon are willing to miss out on 5 months worth of sales.
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    +1 for Rose here