First road bike on its way

deimosjohnny
deimosjohnny Posts: 135
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
:D

Hi new to the forum.
Three stone overweight due to a knee injury and bought a bike to get the weight off. Always been MTB with a rockhopper and enduro up till now.
Road work will help get my fitness back for the offroad.

Mekk Poggio 1.5 from wiggle it was down to £675 and still listed on jejames at £799 and last year was £999 so its a good price with a decent speech. Bought a set of tiara breaks off fleebay and will swap out the Mekk brand which seems to be the only negative in the reviews.

Its coming monday so can't wait.

Comments

• KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    I almost hit buy on one when I was looking for a new bike a few weeks ago, looks a cracking frame for the money, and the sora is solid, you will hurt at first, but love it after a few rides :)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Hurting already, well my ears after after the mrs seen the bank account ;-)
  • KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    Hurting already, well my ears after after the mrs seen the bank account ;-)

You get used to that lol, or just get things delivered somewhere else haha
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988

Hi new to the forum.
    Three stone overweight due to a knee injury and bought a bike to get the weight off. Always been MTB with a rockhopper and enduro up till now.

Mekk Poggio 1.5 from wiggle it was down to £675 and still listed on jejames at £799 and last year was £999 so its a good price with a decent speech. Bought a set of tiara breaks off fleebay and will swap out the Mekk brand which seems to be the only negative in the reviews.

Just a pointer - sometimes its the pads rather than just the caliper. Yes, poorer calipers flex a little, but the pads are quite important.

I put Sram Apex Whites on my MEKK but TBH the Swisstop Pads were probably the thing supplying the biggest difference. Also braking isn't drastically improved over the MEKK callipers. Reviews are picky.

DONT FORGET to post the obligatory pics of your new wheels ! :P
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Hurting already, well my ears after after the mrs seen the bank account ;-)

We have all had that mate.But as i work all week i deserve a little treat from time to time,that's what i work for.Enjoy your ride when i comes and as was said,post the pics.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • odessouky
    odessouky Posts: 264

Hi new to the forum.

I'll keep an eye out for your review....and PICS of course!!
  • Should arrive tomorrow but seeing as I live North of Aberdeen couriers are a pain in the backside.

Pics will follow as will my thoughts.

1 more sleep