Ridiculous problem- service boxxer WC fork

DHdan87
DHdan87 Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in MTB general
Hello all,

I have a 2012 DEMO DH bike that severely need service to my boxxer- world cup fork ASAP before the resorts open up. My fork likely needs new stanchions, bushings, seals, and who knows what else. So i would prefer to send it to a professional rather than take on all the service that it would need.

I called SRAM/ boxxer, they do not work on their forks!

I called push, they do not work on boxxers after 2009 ( or maybe it was 2010?)!

How is it possible that the likely second most popular DH fork (#1- fox 40) is so hard to get serviced? Id rather not take it to my LBS shop since i'm typically better off fixing myself based on their previous work, plus they likely wouldn't have anyone qualified anyways.

What do I do? I can't find anyone else on-line with this issue. Am i missing something?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    TF Tuned should get it done pretty quick. It won't be cheap though if you need bushes.
    I wouldn't send my Boxxers to anyone other than TF Tuned.
    Boxxers are way more popular than Fox 40's. Mostly because they are cheaper, more reliable, better and lighter.
  • DHdan87
    edited April 2014
    Ok thanks, I appreciate it.
  • DHdan87
    Mostly because they are cheaper, more reliable, better and lighter.

lol... I should have known this would turn into a best fork posting sooner or later. My friend has a fox 40 on his demo, it looks better, but i don't like the geometry as much. But maybe thats just because i'm not used to it. But i know he was able to send his fork directly to FOX who not only offered to fix it relatively cheaply, but also offered him a swap deal for a newer one. Sure wish boxxer had something like that. Would gladly trade it in and pay for an upgrade if it was easy.

Will check out TF though, thanks.
  • DHdan87
    Looks like TF is in the UK. Not sure about the extra costs and trouble of shipping overseas. Surely there is a trusted rebuild center in the US that someone can recommend?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This is a mainly UK forum, and your location wasn't in your initial post - I looked when you said resorts.

I am sure that there are plenty of TF Tuned type places in the US.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    Slightly less professional but a lot cheaper
    https://www.facebook.com/JMacleanTuning?fref=ts

Friend of mine, does good work, looks after my suspension and a load of my mates stuff. Get in touch with him via Facebook, top job, little money :)

EDIT: Sorry, This too is in the UK, I didn't read the post of you being in the US
  • DHdan87
    Ok well thanks for the help anyways guys, didn't realize most of the people here are UK. I suppose its because most of my neighbors are into city life and not fun. Dh is not too popular in the US yet, but were getting it there slowly... ride hard
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Download the SRAM manual and service them yourself. Everthin except bush replacement is pretty easy. I would be surprised if your bushes are dead already on 2012 boxxers. Unfortunately boxxers are never quite the same when they have the original bushes replaced.