Mavic Ksyrium SLS broken spoke

letap73
letap73 Posts: 1,608
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I have broken a spoke on my Mavic Ksyrium SLS rear wheel and I am looking for a replacement spoke. I have done a internet search and found spokes of the 2013 and 2014 variety, which look identical - are they the same? The wheels came new with a bike at the end of 2012 - so assuming they are the 2013 model - I think I should purchase a 2013 rear spoke? Would be grateful for any clarification.

Comments

• peteone
    peteone Posts: 152
    The part number is in the tech doc here. Ds 120 303 01 or Nds 120 304 01.

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/te ... s/2_19.pdf
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Thanks Pete - I couldn't access this document directly so thanks for the link.
  • letap73 wrote:
    I have broken a spoke on my Mavic Ksyrium SLS rear wheel and I am looking for a replacement spoke. I have done a internet search and found spokes of the 2013 and 2014 variety, which look identical - are they the same? The wheels came new with a bike at the end of 2012 - so assuming they are the 2013 model - I think I should purchase a 2013 rear spoke? Would be grateful for any clarification.

It sounds like the wheels will still be within the 2 year warranty period. If that's the case, and you have your receipt, you can return them to a Mavic retailer for inspection. They may be able to resolve in store, otherwise they'll send them to the Mavic Service Centre for a swift turn around.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Ride safe.

Mike Cotty
    Mavic Community Manager