Shoes with good arch support

Tjgoodhew
Tjgoodhew Posts: 628
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I seem to be suffering quite a bit with arch pain and am looking at buying some new shoes which i hope will help. I know i could probably just get a better pair of inners but where is the fun in that :)

My current shoes are a bit tatty (Shimano R087) so was looking into new shoes anyway and i would like to get a bit of an upgrade on these.

I will hopefully get the chance on Sunday to visit a few shops and try a few pairs on but it would be good to have some sort of shopping list in advance.

I dont really have a budget but at the same time I was thinking around £150 should get me a decent shoe

Any suggestions welcome
Cannondale Caad8
Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Fizik shoes always had good arch support but I'm afraid the best way is probably to find a pair that fit reasonably well and get some good insoles. I use Specialized ones which do the job for me off the peg. Superfeet and Sidas both get recommended and used by fitters - read into that what you will.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Fizik shoes always had good arch support but I'm afraid the best way is probably to find a pair that fit reasonably well and get some good insoles. I use Specialized ones which do the job for me off the peg. Superfeet and Sidas both get recommended and used by fitters - read into that what you will.

That - insoles!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • twgh
    twgh Posts: 102
    I got some proper footbeds / insoles at a bike fit in Jan - lifechanging. I would highly suggest getting the shoes that fit/look best and work with footbeds. I got these https://www.esoles.com/
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    Fizik shoes have high, well made arches so if they fit I'd recommend them.

Otherwise the inner soles which come with Giro shoes are excellent (and honestly I will be wearing Giro Factor's for as long as they make them).

Old shoes though do tend to soften up and lose support so you may find that even the same shoe bought again would fix the problem as your foot would stop rolling around in them.
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    +1 for insoles. Specialized do some and have a mat you stand on to work out how much support you need
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Insoles, obviously. You don't fix an uncomfortable bed by changing the frame, you change the mattress.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    I've got giro factors, come with three different insoles, lovely shoes.