And this year they didn't choose an Orange!

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited April 2014 in MTB general
http://www.mondraker.com/14/imagenes/pr ... 1_path.pdf

Keep saying they are the best riding bikes I've ever ridden.

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Good result.

Also interesting is that the article itself addresses a whole load of the bullshit that's grown around the bike market in the UK (got to have MASSIVE stantions, got to have MASSIVE tyres run at super low pressures, got to be carbon, 160mm travel etc.etc.) that I don't find when I go to Canada at all. They ride proper mountains on skinnier tyres, pumped up harder, on shorter travel bikes etc. Anything to sell bikes I guess.

I liked the Foxy when I rode it, but then I would, it's a similar concept to the Bandit that I ride.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    they didn't choose an orange last year either. spectral is nice as is the cube.
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Presumably even though they didn't choose an Orange, the result is viewed as equally dubious.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    YIMan wrote:
    Presumably even though they didn't choose an Orange, the result is viewed as equally dubious.

why?
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Because mountain bikers seem terribly fond of conspiracies.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Good result.

Also interesting is that the article itself addresses a whole load of the bullshit that's grown around the bike market in the UK

But it does make you wonder why a £2800 bike has such a poor component spec (and staggeringly so, when parked next to the same priced direct sale Canyon) - is that extra couple of inches on the frame geometry made of really expensive aluminium?... I know Mondraker aren't a large volume manufacturer, but come on - when you pay £2800 you would reasonably expect to get a fork that isn't "crap".
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Not arguing with the choice; never ridden one.

They are fukkin ugly though. That long swooped top tube and short stem may work but, by Christ, it looks worse than the scaffolding of an Orange
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I've got a feeling that it will look better in the flesh than it does in pics.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Kowalski675
    I think the frame looks great.
  • It is just such a shame it has such a poor spec list. Foxys of old boasted really good specs.
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • Kowalski675
    Given that I couldn't ride either to anywhere even approaching half of what they're capable for, I'd rather have the massively better specced Canyon.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    BigAl wrote:
    Not arguing with the choice; never ridden one.

They are fukkin ugly though. That long swooped top tube and short stem may work but, by Christ, it looks worse than the scaffolding of an Orange

Click on the Foxy 2014 spare parts pdf. It's sophisticated frame is as far away as you can get from Orange's handiwork.

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/Technical/8765/Mondraker
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    I love my mondraker factor, lightest among my mates similar bikes
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    As you read the article it's echoed my thoughts, people get hung up on spec sheets, to me this is getting you an immense frame, and gives youthe parts to get going.

can most people tell the difference between SLX and Xt for example, not really they noth work great. going with another Mondy myself this time just because they ride so well.