Resin brake pads

apple eater
apple eater Posts: 302
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
My brake pads wore out today so i need new ones. The pads are shimano b01s resin pads that don't seem to have lasted very long. They were the original ones that came with the bike.

The brakes are shimano hydraulic. not sure of the model/code of the calipers.

Can someone recommend a long lasting resin pad?

Or recommend a different disc/pad combo other than resin. The size fitted is 160mm resin only rotor.
I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ignore the 'resin only'. Nonsense.
    Superstar are good and cheap, organic are soft but I use them all year, sintered good in nasty conditions. Kevlar somewhere in the middle.
    But you need to know the model.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    +1 for Superstar. I've used their Kevlar ones on a couple of different brakes now. Good power and decent lifespan, just not quite as long lasting as my Shimano Sintered pads which have been going for 18 months.

The model number for Shimano brakes is usually found on the back/underside of the brake lever. It will normally be something like 'M785' (this assumes that the lever and calliper are the same model), for example:

ViewImage.aspx?GlobalID=1003&MerchantID=1662&ImageID=2250&DisplaySize=-1&ListingID=580