Annual spend

belgium
belgium Posts: 19
edited April 2014 in Road general
Just logged on to my wiggle account and looked under personal discount where it tells you how much you have spent in the last 365 days.
Still feel light headed typing this,if my wife ever found out god only knows what would happen :cry:

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    I know what you mean, all my necessaries are delivered to my office to minimise the risk.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Don't order everything from Wiggle! Order from Evans or Chain Reaction from time to time ;)

Edit: Just seen my total, my god :(
  • belgium
    belgium Posts: 19
    Don't order everything from Wiggle! Order from Evans or Chain Reaction from time to time ;)

Edit: Just seen my total, my god :(

Thats the worst of it,as i also frequently use Ribble,merlin and fleabay :oops:
  • if my wife ever found out god only knows what would happen

Ditto. She doesn't even know the half of it! amazing what you can sneak into the garage until it is needed.
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    Just did the same with my Rapha account. Luckily the good lady just laughs at me when it gets delivered. She has a horse so hasn't really got much of an argument! It does make me chuckle how much we spend on bikes and related gear. Still I don't know of any other pastime/ sport/ hobby that you can get such gratification from. That alone makes it all worthwhile eh?
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    I don't even qualify for "Platinum" discount, I'm safe, for now. 8)
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • Just checked mine.......blooody ell! :shock:
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I landed a full bike in parts in the living room last weekend and her indoors just shook her head and laughed in despair. Then went to the bedroom and ordered a new Mulberry bag online on my card.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    My wife keeps "advising" me of my running total if she wants something or just to enjoy annoying me.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I divorced my wife. Problem sorted.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • drlodge wrote:

Good post
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Baby Trek
    Baby Trek Posts: 118
    I don't worry about it to be honest...I am not in a position to complain, even if I wanted to...I have a horse and a bike habit!!! :oops:
  • Luckily the last year has not been bad for me, mainly due to lack of funds for extracurricular things. I don't even think I've bought anything other than gloves the last year. I also kind of learned to make due with what I have and appreciate the joys in the items.

My pockets love me :D
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    Baby Trek wrote:
    I don't worry about it to be honest...I am not in a position to complain, even if I wanted to...I have a horse and a bike habit!!! :oops:

I feel your pain! Sometimes the horse habit gets unloaded on to me.
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    I'm not going to go down this path just be too scary to find out. :P :P :P
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    And that's why online shopping is bad. The LBS know better than to remind you how much you're spending :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    My wife couldn't care less as long as I'm happy.................................. Ok, she hasn't got a clue as the level of spend
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    My wife couldn't care less as long as I'm happy.................................. Ok, she hasn't got a clue as the level of spend

Wuss, who wears the trousers in the h household :P oh hang on its probably the same as in every house :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • drlodge wrote:

Good post

That's all well and good but at what cost? Could well have been "cheaper to keep her" even matching your spend with things for her on a like for like basis?
  • arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Wuss, who wears the trousers in the h household :P oh hang on its probably the same as in every house :wink:

Well, it certainly is here....