essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited April 2014 in Commuting chat
I'll be a married man :shock:

Any tips apart from don't do it? :D

Comments

• warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Don't do it just because they've just made it legal. Are you sure he's the right man for you?
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    WarrenG wrote:
    Don't do it just because they've just made it legal. Are you sure he's the right man for you?

OK, I'll accept that is funny!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So. Had enough of sex then?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    On the day take the time to step back and take it all in every now and then. It all flashes by in a bit of a blur. Make sure you enjoy it.
    Longer term remember marriage doesn't, or shouldn't, change things. You are still the same people after tying the know that you were before.
    Oh, and congratulations.
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    I echo that. And don't have a crack at one of the bridesmaids as one of my mates did on his big day
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    If you're having a ceremony with lots of folk there then get to church early, and with little left to do.

One of my favourite parts of the day was waiting in the church as everyone arrived. There were hundreds of people in the room, and I loved pretty much all of them! It was an incredible experience to look around the room and see almost all of your favourite people all gathered together. I kept going "wow. There's ... and .... They're legends" and "Hey. Don't ... and .. look amazing!".

4 years in. I absolutely love being married! And have had more sex than ever! (okay, so we were trying for kids last year, which helped!)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If your Fiancée is smiling as she walks down the isle, then you know you've had your last BJ!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    :D
    White landrover or limo then :P
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Is it only me that thinks after 11 years of being with Mrs Toe that it is probably still too soon to rush into anything silly like getting wed (we have a mortgage and a baby together)?

Good Luck and I hope you did the sensible thing and had your wedding list made up at Mosquito.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills