Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmulethekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm far too tired, I wonder if work will take that as an excuse to not going in? I was up until midnight playing Minecraft. Stupid game.

Found out yesterday that I'll be missing an important meeting on Monday where we get to see the new plans for our floor at work, which is being redeveloped 'drastically'. I'll be doing my Mod 2 bike test, so much more fun.

Today, more of the same really. Spent most the day yesterday searching for an old colleague (I say 'old', she's about 33) and she's still smoking hot!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Posts

  • bg13bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning d1ckweeds

    been doing anything but work this week and am blimmin tired doing it, met an old school chum who i haven't seen for thirty years last night, had a couple of scoops but was far from H'd.

    Need foods, pig meat will definitely feature

    tarrar
    Loving life in rural SW France

    Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,782
    Morning bumders

    I was up until midnight on the farm, it sucked. Just about to head back up there now, I can't wait for this to be over. I just want to get H'd.

    TTFN
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

    sunny here, not too tired and I have the bike in the car. going to ride ashton court tonight for the first time - any tips anyone? - as I've got to pick the inlaws up from the airport it's the closest place to ride.

    I think I'm also going celebrate it being Thursday by buying a bacon sausage and egg roll

    laters 8)
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,353
    On a train for a lovely day of corporate bull in the London village

    Took the tensioner of my SS mtb late last night to drop of at my mate who is fixing up my SS road bike ready for the w.end when we ride the infamous Telford Toothpaste (ok, maybe infamous is pushing it a bit). But riding the bike over to his house yesterday made me realise that the gearing on that bike isn't exactly suited for the ride - oh well, pain is only long term with marriage and work.

    Today is a long day, with hopefully an escape in time to meet up with Stevo for a cheeky pint and listen to him gloat about his new bike - right onwards to virgins third class, first class breakfast :)
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    welshkev wrote:
    morning all,

    sunny here, not too tired and I have the bike in the car. going to ride ashton court tonight for the first time - any tips anyone? - as I've got to pick the inlaws up from the airport it's the closest place to ride.

    I think I'm also going celebrate it being Thursday by buying a bacon sausage and egg roll

    laters 8)

    Do it twice, and prey the cafe is open so you can get bacons.

    Mornign numpties, rode cwm last night on the borrowed steed twas good, nice to get out in the sun with pretty much dry trails. today im slightly tired but thats because im tubby and unfit at the moment.

    Only a few weeks and new bike will be with me... so im mostly bouncing in my seat.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,787 Lives Here
    matthew h wrote:
    On a train for a lovely day of corporate bull in the London village

    Took the tensioner of my SS mtb late last night to drop of at my mate who is fixing up my SS road bike ready for the w.end when we ride the infamous Telford Toothpaste (ok, maybe infamous is pushing it a bit). But riding the bike over to his house yesterday made me realise that the gearing on that bike isn't exactly suited for the ride - oh well, pain is only long term with marriage and work.

    Today is a long day, with hopefully an escape in time to meet up with Stevo for a cheeky pint and listen to him gloat about his new bike - right onwards to virgins third class, first class breakfast :)
    Whilst down here in civilisation Stevo can point out the correct attire for riding a fixie. I'm sure he can do this without the slightest hint of pisstaking.

    Morning all,
    Mildly hungover as is traditional for a Thursday. Should have quite a busy day at work unfortunately. This will be followed by a couple of sneaky pints with some neighbours.
  • sheepsteethsheepsteeth Posts: 17,418 Webster
    Morning cunts.

    I cant believe ive got to go to work today, im supposed to be on leave. Mind you, if i had done some work in my last 2 days last week instead of being on the quang i wouldnt have to.

    Looks like its going to be nice today, im looking forward to being outside forma bit later, i might even dust the cob webs off a bike
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    Who the fark are you?
  • sheepsteethsheepsteeth Posts: 17,418 Webster
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    no messtins!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,735
    veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    On a train for a lovely day of corporate bull in the London village

    Took the tensioner of my SS mtb late last night to drop of at my mate who is fixing up my SS road bike ready for the w.end when we ride the infamous Telford Toothpaste (ok, maybe infamous is pushing it a bit). But riding the bike over to his house yesterday made me realise that the gearing on that bike isn't exactly suited for the ride - oh well, pain is only long term with marriage and work.

    Today is a long day, with hopefully an escape in time to meet up with Stevo for a cheeky pint and listen to him gloat about his new bike - right onwards to virgins third class, first class breakfast :)
    Whilst down here in civilisation Stevo can point out the correct attire for riding a fixie. I'm sure he can do this without the slightest hint of pisstaking.

    Morning all,
    Mildly hungover as is traditional for a Thursday. Should have quite a busy day at work unfortunately. This will be followed by a couple of sneaky pints with some neighbours.
    Anything that includes a joke styrofoam hat with a n0b on it should do, just so non-cyclists know what we already know :)

    Am currently waiting for a text from Mr. H re: beers in between running ever faster on my corporate hamster wheel. regardless of that its beer and curry night tonight so things are looking up.

    @welshkev/waylander - will be at CC to do the Cafall in early May - will drop you a line.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,353
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Am currently waiting for a text from Mr. H re: beers in between running ever faster on my corporate hamster wheel. regardless of that its beer and curry night tonight so things are looking up.

    Meeting went on a lot longer than expected, so couldn't get to Euston to meet Stevo for a pint :(

    So went to the pub round the corner from the office we used in the Strand and urm.... meet a strange terminator man ;)

    Next time we will do it properly - currently sat at Euston waiting for the firkin train to start moving - should have gone for the curry Stevo
Sign In or Register to comment.