Richmond Park TT

2»

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Times are being mailed out for next week- I have 6.09:30. People want to meet post attempt?
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    26 hugely unpleasant minutes.

Worth it if you win a voucher.. :wink:

I'd assume all these extended commutes were training for this TT.

Heh heh. No danger of me winning a voucher.

The extended commutes are not doing me any good. I'm getting slower. Which might be age. B*gger.

Yeah that'll be it, you should take up golf or something, while you're at it you can send me that Cervelo and the Canyon frameset, i'll put them to good use :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    26 hugely unpleasant minutes.

Worth it if you win a voucher.. :wink:

I'd assume all these extended commutes were training for this TT.

Heh heh. No danger of me winning a voucher.

The extended commutes are not doing me any good. I'm getting slower. Which might be age. B*gger.

Yeah that'll be it, you should take up golf or something, while you're at it you can send me that Cervelo and the Canyon frameset, i'll put them to good use :wink:

You mean put them in your garage while your back gets better ;)?

Canyom being built at the moment...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Being built?

that almost sounds like someone else is doing it for you !?!? :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    menthel wrote:
    Times are being mailed out for next week- I have 6.09:30. People want to meet post attempt?
    I'm off at 6:55. Just got to work out what to do with the kids as the wife's away and I can't really leave them in the car or with a bunch of strangers.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    I'm off at 6:55. Just got to work out what to do with the kids as the wife's away and I can't really leave them in the car or with a bunch of strangers.
    A couple of tagalongs and tell them to pedal like f...
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i see okgo is favourite for the day and TOGBT is not far behind him in expectation levels!
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    spasypaddy wrote:
    i see okgo is favourite for the day and TOGBT is not far behind him in expectation levels!
    Depends who's expectations; if I can hold off the catch until after Roehampton Gate (on the way back!) I'll be happy. Unless it's raining, in which I'll take a few seconds out of him at Cancellara Corner...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • tgotb
    spasypaddy wrote:
    well they're expecting you to podium
    <gulp>

I'm not!
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • spasypaddy
    3rd last off! High hopes!

You racing wednesday?
  • tgotb
    spasypaddy wrote:
    3rd last off! High hopes!

You racing wednesday?
    Yep - should be there, work permitting...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • menthel
    I plan to get round in a time that is less than geological. I would seem to be in terrible shape, judging by the extended commute this morning.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Haha, yes Dave, you never know, last time it was dry and I managed pedal strike. I've ridden the bike a lot more since though, so hopefully should be ok.

Stu Spies is my only slightly worry, he beat me last year when I fell off, and had I not fallen I don't think there was much in it, I've got quicker on the TT bike, but even so, he's a strong bloke!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    We're expecting a win from you, and a podium from Dave. Nothing else will do. :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • okgo
    I'm hoping to catch Dave :D
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • tgotb
    okgo wrote:
    I'm hoping to catch Dave :D
    I have a mental image of about four of us converging on the final roundabout simultaneously (probably behind a bewildered old woman in a Micra...)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • menthel
    Will be knocking around looking sheepish with my black condor italia and in a red torm top. Maybe see some of you there tomorrow.
    RIP commute...
  • menthel
    Awesome fun! 31.50, slow I know but not the slowest and I think with a bit of practice I could get that under 30. My first ever TT so wasn't exactly sure to expect effort wise etc and I think I held a bit too much in reserve. Would be fun to do some more, flatter courses as well I think.

Edit:officially updated to 31.30!
    RIP commute...
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    menthel wrote:
    Awesome fun! 31.50, slow I know but not the slowest and I think with a bit of practice I could get that under 30. My first ever TT so wasn't exactly sure to expect effort wise etc and I think I held a bit too much in reserve. Would be fun to do some more, flatter courses as well I think.

Edit:officially updated to 31.30!

Excellent work fella. I didn't make the start because of a spill on yesterdays club run. Will be there next time tho!
  • okgo
    Well that was fun.

Very busy this year, park gates open to cars 45 mins before they should have been, piss poor from the Royal Parks lot IMO. 7am is plenty early enough to be letting cars in there, gates were open at 6.15 am at Kingston.

I went a fair bit quicker than last year, which everyone should have as the conditions today were about as good as it gets in there. Still a couple of seconds off the best time that's been done in there by people who are not pro's (I was 40 secs off the course record by Hutch and 19 seconds slower than Wouter Sybrandy but they did not have speed bumps or the cobbled corner to contend with so pleased with that margin) so it was nice to take the win by 18 seconds or so to make it 3 years on the bounce I've won there in some way or another.

Well done to everyone that rode, and marshalled etc!
  • tgotb
    cjcp wrote:
    Easy peasy. Who's got a faster RPTT time, old man? :twisted: *
    Now we've resolved that little anomaly, the Universe can go back to operating as normal again...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    TGOTB wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Easy peasy. Who's got a faster RPTT time, old man? :twisted: *
    Now we've resolved that little anomaly, the Universe can go back to operating as normal again...

Ouch!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • spasypaddy
    was fast yesterday.

well done okgo for the win (even if you still dont know who i am...)