Exposure light mount

fielonator
fielonator Posts: 100
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
I've got a Replay XD 720 camera. It's a pretty good little gadget apart from the mounting options for MTB, with helmet or goggle mounting the only real options. I'd quite like to record runs from the handlebar, seatpost, frame looking through the fork, that sort of thing. I've used electrical tape in the past but it's not great.

Anyway, to the point......

Has anyone got an exposure joystick light (or similar) and can measure the diameter as the bar-mount looks like a good option.

Cheers.

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    fielonator wrote:
    I've got a Replay XD 720 camera. It's a pretty good little gadget apart from the mounting options for MTB, with helmet or goggle mounting the only real options. I'd quite like to record runs from the handlebar, seatpost, frame looking through the fork, that sort of thing. I've used electrical tape in the past but it's not great.

Anyway, to the point......

Has anyone got an exposure joystick light (or similar) and can measure the diameter as the bar-mount looks like a good option.

Cheers.

If the Joystick mounts seems like a good fit, how about the various mounts that exist to attach any old torch onto the bars? The two popular choices are the Twofish Lockblock and a homebuilt contraption of jubilee clips and cable ties
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • fielonator
    I'll look at the twofish one. I'm trying to improve on my home made version involving old inner tubes and electrical tape.

I can't think of anywhere I'd want to attach a jubilee clip. I wan to be able to remove and refit the mount to various parts of the bike without any tools, or extra lengths of tape.
  • I'll take a look at my Exposure mount tonight.
    However at first glance I would say that the camera is wider than an Exposure Joystick (they slightly concave so are thinner at the point that the mount is used).

Update: It's 22mm
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • fielonator
    Thanks, I'll measure my camera tonight. It might fit, they're only small.